TED Talk: Writing
“The Neurons That Shaped Civilization” – Vilayanur Ramachandran, PhD.
1) Research Project B
Research Project B
Research a part of the brain. Describe what function(s) it is involved in and why it is necessary or unnecessary for a human to have.
- What happens when there is a functional deficit of the brain area, as when it is damaged?
- What occurs when there is an excess of activity in their part of the brain? Are there seizures, muscle spasms, hallucinations or anything notable?
- Does the function of this part of the brain tell us anything about the reasons for different human behavior?
- How does it related to human interaction? Does it play any part in emotion or the socialization process?
Parts of the Brain
|Frontal Lobe(s)||Temporal Lobe(s)||Occipital Lobe(s)|
|Amygdala||Basal Ganglia||Substantia Nigra|
- Minimum Length: 1,000 Words
- Writing Format: APA (American Psychological Association)
- Other Requirements: Title Page; Typed; Source Page
All Rights Reserved © 2014